Complication Developing from Strep Throat:
If strep throat is left untreated, it may develop serious complications. Although the complications are not very common, they can occur due to the spread of bacteria to your other body parts. Find them below.
- Abscesses in the neck or around the tonsils (i.e. development of pockets of pus)
- Ear infections
- Sinus infections
- Rheumatic fever, which affects the heart
- Post-streptococcal glomerulonephritis – a kidney ailment.
Simple Yet Effective Home Remedies for Strep Throat:
While you may resort to antibiotics to fight off the bacterial infection, home remedies can help you obtain relief. They are similar to home remedies for sore throat. Here’s a quick rundown of it.
- Consume warm fluids, such as tea and lemon water
- Eat soft, nutritious foods, such as apple sauce and yoghurt
- Have plenty of rest
- Gargle with saltwater: Simply add a quarter teaspoon of salt to a glass of warm water and gargle often.
- If you have throat soreness, cold liquids may help.
- Eating honey and gargling with apple cider vinegar mixed water may also help relieve the discomfort.
- Opt for Nutritious Foods:Certain foods that are a crucial part of sore throat treatment with diet can help you have relief while down with strep throat. Some healing foods that can ease your symptoms of strep throat include ginger, lemon, and garlic.
- Use Essential Oils:Antibacterial properties of essential oils can help you experience some relief. Ingestion of essential oils is not recommended, but inhaling them or diluting them with a carrier oil and adding some drops to your bath can help fight off the bacterial infection. You can use diluted essential oils of rosemary, eucalyptus, cinnamon, thyme, wild carrot, peppermint, clove, and lavender.
If you are down with strep throat infection and looking for natural ways to heal in addition to your doctor’s treatment, resort to a healthy diet. The precious guidance of certified dieticians, such as health experts at Health Total, can help you have a customised diet for strep throat comprising nutritious foods and home remedies for a sore throat to relieve your symptoms. The personalized treatment for strep throat comprises diet, homeopathy, and Ayurveda, so it does not just helps alleviate your discomfort but also nourishes you and boosts your immunity helping you combat the infection naturally. So, without any delay, get in touch with us online or over a call on 1-800-843-0206 and obtain relief with our customised treatment for the signs of strep throat.