Want to impress the family? Make them this amazing cheesy bacon ranch chicken dish, and you’ll be sure to make everybody happy. This tasty, yet keto-friendly dish includes lots of crowd-pleaser ingredients like bacon, cheese, and chicken. The good news is that it’s easy to make and can be cooked up in one pan.
The main protein source for this dish comes from juicy chicken thighs that get fried up in olive oil and smothered in a tasty mix of herbs and spices. Once the chicken is ready, you can add a bunch of rich and nutty mozzarella cheese to melt over the top (which is easily done by putting a lid over the pan). Once the cheese is melted, the last ingredient is some chopped-up cooked bacon to give the dish an even more amazing flavor profile.
If you’re not a fan of mozzarella, feel free to swap it out for any other melty cheese like parmesan or cheddar. Regardless of which cheese you use, it will add more depth to the dish, extra flavor, and more protein.
The final component of the dish is the chopped-up sautéed green cabbage, which you can quickly make in the same pan you cooked the chicken in. Once cooked, plate up the dish, sprinkle on some freshly cut chives, and get stuck in!
Yields 4 servings of Keto Cheesy Bacon Ranch Chicken
- 4 slice bacon
- 200 gram green cabbage
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounce boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Cook bacon in a frying pan until crispy. Remove bacon from pan and de-grease over paper towels.
3. Cook the cabbage in the same frying pan with the bacon fat in it. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes or until soft.
4. In a frying pan over medium heat, cook the chicken until golden brown, about 8 minutes per side.
5. Season the chicken with parsley, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, and shredded mozzarella. Remove from heat once the mozzarella cheese has melted.
6. Chop the bacon slices into bite size pieces. Top the chicken with chives and the bacon.
7. Serve the chicken over the cabbage. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Cheesy Bacon Ranch Chicken. Each serving comes out to be 390 calories, 30.8g fat, 2.7g net carbs, and 25g protein.
|4.00 slice bacon||597||52.3||0||0||0||29.9|
|200.00 gram green cabbage||50||0.1||11.6||5||6.6||2.5|
|2.00 tablespoon olive oil||239||27||0||0||0||0|
|10.00 ounce boneless, skinless chicken thighs||405||25.3||0||0||0.0||48.1|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|1.00 teaspoon dried parsley||2||0||0.3||0.1||0.1||0.1|
|0.75 teaspoon dried dill||2||0||0.4||0.1||0.3||0.2|
|0.50 teaspoon garlic powder||5||0||1.2||0.1||1||0.3|
|0.50 teaspoon onion powder||4||0||0.9||0.2||0.8||0.1|
|0.75 cup shredded mozzarella||252||18.5||2||0.0||1.9||18.5|
|2.00 tablespoon fresh chives||2||0||0.3||0.2||0.1||0.2|
|Per Serving (/4)||390||30.8||4.1||1.4||2.7||25|