A healthier version of store bought snack mixes the entire family will love!
This easy recipe is a healthier version of store bought snack mixes the entire family will love. While many traditional homemade recipes use butter, this recipe uses heart-healthy olive oil instead.
Makes 15 servings
What You Need
Healthier Nuts & Bolts Snack Mix Ingredients
- 10.5 cups of your choice of cereal (such as Cheerios or Shreddies), small crackers (such as goldfish or pretzels) and nuts/seeds (such as pumpkin seeds, peanuts, almonds or cashews)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 0.75 tsp seasoning salt
- 0.75 tsp garlic powder
- 0.5 tsp onion powder
How to Make the Healthier Nuts & Bolts Snack Mix Recipe
- Combine all snack mix items in an extra large baking dish (or several smaller ones).
- Combine oil and seasonings in a small bowl and drizzle slowly over snack mix, stirring as you go.
- Preheat oven to 250F and bake at this temperature for 1.5 hours stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
Try this easy and delicious snack mix and let us know on social media by tagging us on Facebook and Instagram @healthstandnutrition!
Nutrients per serving:
(Nutrition analysis based on 2.5 cups Cheerios, 2 cups Shreddies, 2 cups goldfish crackers, 2 cups pretzels, 2 cups peanuts)
- Calories: 230
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fat: 15 g
- Protein: 7 g
Click Here to Download HSN Healthier Nuts and Bolts Snack Mix
Don’t miss out on healthy new recipes or nutrition articles and sign up for our newsletter, today!
Sound Bites is a weekly nutrition newsletter that goes out to thousands of subscribers. Written by our team of registered dietitians and nutrition experts, it includes articles, videos, tips and recipes.
As a special BONUS, we’ll email you our popular ’51 Healthy Snack Attacks’ PDF.
Looking for more healthy recipe ideas? Try these recipes below!
About Andrea Holwegner
CEO, Registered Dietitian, Counseling Practice Director & Professional Speaker
Andrea the «Chocoholic Nutritionist» is founder and CEO of Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. since 2000. She is an online nutrition course creator, professional speaker and regular guest in the media. Andrea is the recipient of an award by the Dietitians of Canada: The Speaking of Food & Healthy Living Award for Excellence in Consumer Education….Read more